Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A love letter to Pammie

Dearest Pammy

I know I've kind of covered this before a bit but I still think about it a lot. I guess it's because when I read your posts I see how your life is and has been so different to mine, and yet somehow we are dear friends. I will never change for anyone, not even for you Pammie babe, so I take my hat off to you for not judging me and for accepting me as I am.

I dont know if you are interested or not but here are some key points from my life so far. Really I'm doing this so that you can maybe get to know me better, and get a bit of a picture of why I am like I am - no other reason - and certainly I accept that in the great spectrum of human existence, my life has been an utter privilege.

At the age of 13 I first got drunk (on rough cider)

At the age of 17 I had my first girl, and 'All you need is Love' was released
At the age of 18 I smoked my first joint, dropped my first acid tab, and my first son was born
At the age of 20 I kind off started to realise that the real important stuff going on in this life was within me.
At the age of 21 I was sitting on a beach in India stoned out of my brains
At the age of 22 I gave up using drugs (almost anyway)
At the age of 23 I got married and my first daughter was born
At the age of 28 I had four beatiful children (5 if you count my first son)
At the age of 30 I was divorced
At the age of 31 I married my present wife, and our son was born
At the age of 45 I met my first son who I had only ever seen for two hours when he was one.

So Pammy, that's enough of this self-indulgent crap. I just wanted you to know why I think the way I do. I have so loved my life so far.

love

Tom909

11 comments:

  1. pam is cool, isn't she? wish i was related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful letter, Tommy. I know Pammy will love it. If she doesn't want you, I'll take you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmy babe, if Vicus wont write you a love letter, then I will, cos you are so sweet and you deserve one. He just has so much trouble getting in touch with his softer more romantic side. In fact if he is reading this he will almost certainly be wretching by now - poor soul.
    And if Betty gets this far she will be having a fit for sure, but alas I know deep within her, there is a block of ice, that even the devilishly handsome Geoff struggles to melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, all this e-love, it's wonderful. It's so good that everyone gets along, I'm sitting here with an inane grin on me chops at the thought of all the other inane grins around the globe.

    Right, back to the Bakery to seethe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, he hasn't told you anything about himself, just stuff that he did and stuff that happened.
    Contact me for the real story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. vicus, I expect you to call me with the REAL story. The truth, and nothing but, baby.

    I love the picture of you two that I have stolen, but that's the only one. I expect there are more and lots of stories to go with them.

    I'm waiting breathlessly for the next installment of Tom: The Early Years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwwwww how sweet and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tommy my love, it's time I gently nudge you to do a new post. It's slightly embarrassing to see that 'love letter to Pammie' each time I log in and I think my husband is getting suspicious ::grin::

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok my babe. I'll get to it tomorrow ok.

    ReplyDelete